For small to medium sized business owners, gathering feedback from customers is an important step in increasing customer satisfaction and refining the quality of their products. TrustSpot presents a twofold review system – Company Reviews and Product Reviews – that can help them achieve this goal. But first, let’s talk about why you’re here… you’re curious about the difference between company reviews and product reviews.
To start, Here are the Benefits of Company Reviews and Product Reviews
Collecting both Company Reviews and Product Reviews can provide numerous benefits for your business, including:
- Improve your overall customer service
- Increase understanding for how and why they purchase your products
- Grow your business social proof
- Improving your website’s SEO, making it easier for potential customers to find you online.
- Helping new customers come to faster buying decisions
When it comes to reviews, a lot of people may wonder what the difference is between a company review and product review. Understandably, in terms of the bigger picture these two types of reviews don’t appear to vary much. But, there are subtle differences that can have an influence on your business. Let’s take a closer look at those distinctions.
Evaluating a business through generalized, experience based reviews is something that all service and eCommerce businesses should consider doing. Such reviews can provide future customers with an insight into the level of customer service and kinds of experiences customers have had with the business in question. This allows potential buyers to make more informed decisions when selecting among businesses.
Getting Started with Company Reviews
At TrustSpot, businesses can collect company reviews with each purchase, completed service or through a direct request. Here’s how to get started:
- Sign up for TrustSpot’s Growth Plan
- Collect Company Reviews with TrustSpot in a variety of ways:
- Integrate TrustSpot into your eCommerce Platform
- Use the BCC Email on your confirmation or completed service emails
- Install an Exit Survey at the end of checkout page for quick exchange of feedback
- Manually upload a customer list to send review requests to past customers
- Display your company reviews on your website using TrustSpot’s 12 “Trust Elements” review graphics. Installation is simple and our team is here to help!
Offering customers the opportunity to review individual products can be hugely beneficial for any eCommerce business. Unlike reviews that are focused on the company as a whole, product reviews help provide customers with more detailed information about their purchases.
For example, TrustSpot allows you to ask customers for product specific feedback. Ask them questions on the ‘Fit’ of the product or have them submit a ‘Rating’ of how it might perform in different scenarios. Educator Collars does a fantastic job at asking customer these questions and it’s different per product!
Product reviews are a kind of customer feedback WILL make all the difference when it comes to increasing customer loyalty and reducing those dreaded abandoned carts. Here’s how you can get started with collecting Product Reviews with TrustSpot:
- Sign up for TrustSpot’s Growth Plan
- Integrate TrustSpot into your eCommerce Platform including:
- Magento 2
- Via our Product Reviews API
- Display your product reviews using the Product Review Widget. Our support team will help with the integration and installation of your widgets. Just reach out to us!
Conclusion on the Difference Between Company Reviews and Product Reviews
There are indeed subtle differences between company reviews and product reviews. We believe just getting started on collecting reviews, and owning that process, is crucial for any business. Don’t leave it up to your customers to leave a Google or Facebook review, you need to make the ask. Better yet, you need to OWN this process having the ability to respond to each review as well as moderate the inappropriate, spam or irrelevant reviews that we find so often on the search engines.
Want to increase sales and capture lifelong customers? Start with TrustSpot risk free today utilizing our 60-day money back guarantee and 14 day free trial!