As a business, you want to be part of the conversation with your audience. It’s the best way to enhance your message and ultimately increase sales. But many people don’t realize that a vital part of that conversation involves reviews from your customers—also known as social proof.
By encouraging customers to review your business and/or product, you are essentially expanding your brand’s reach. Think of it as having your happy customers do some of your marketing for you!
Still not convinced of the true power of customer reviews? Need some evidence of how this user-generated content can benefit your business? Well, we’ve done the work for you and have collected data that gives all the evidence you need.
- According to Spiegel Research Center, almost 95% of customers read reviews before deciding to make a purchase. In addition, researchers found that a product with at least five reviews had a 270% greater chance of being purchased than a product with no reviews.
- The Wall Street Journal noted that an increase of just one star in a business’s reviews can cause a 5% – 9% rise in revenue.
- BigCommerce found that 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. Plus, 72% of consumers say that positive reviews increase their trust in a business.
- A study conducted by G2 Crowd and Heinz Marketing revealed that 67% of B2B consumers are looking for a mix of both positive and negative reviews when researching a business.
- Martech Zone discovered that 90% of users need fewer than 10 reviews in order to form an opinion about a business.
- Only 6% of consumers don’t trust customer reviews at all, according to Statista.
- Testimonial Engine explained that 72% of customers won’t make any sort of purchase until they have read reviews.
- A Nielson study showed that 70% of people trust reviews and recommendations from strangers.
- Psychological Science reported that when two products have similar ratings, consumers are inclined to buy the product with more reviews.
- Marketing Charts determined that 1 out of 10 consumers changed their opinion about a brand after the company replied to a review. In short, negative reviews can turn into a good thing if a company handles them properly.
- According to Reputation Refinery, 92% of consumers are reluctant to make a purchase if a business has no reviews.
- AdWeek discovered that 76% of consumers trust content shared by their peers rather than content shared by brands, which makes consumer reviews invaluable.
But Will Customers Give Feedback?
- With all of this affirmation about the value of customer reviews, you may be wondering how many consumers are actually willing to take the time to write reviews. The numbers are actually higher than you might think.
- According to GlobalWebIndex, 47% of all internet users worldwide say they post reviews about a product, company, or service each month.
- Spiegel Research Study found that up to 80% of reviews originate from follow-up emails that encourage shoppers to review their purchases.
- Spiegel also stated that brands can expect their average star rating to increase after emailing buyers a direct link to submit reviews.
TrustSpot offers the perfect way to collect reviews through its “Review Request” that was engineered to give you the highest chance of a response from your customers. Backed by data science, TrustSpot’s emails determine the best time to send to get you more reviews. You can also capture reviews via SMS and custom forms.
Learn more here to get started gathering customer feedback today.
Not yet using TrustSpot? Start a 14-day trial today.